Friday, February 24, 2012

Jumping on the Internet Meme Bandwagon

If you're on facebook or have just been perusing the internet lately, most likely you have run into one of the latest internet memes: "posters" with an occupation or hobby and different interpretations of how others see you, how you see yourself, and how you really are. Here are a couple of prime examples:




Well, being kinda silly and wanting to waste some time, I decided to make a Hipster Birder version of this meme. It's just a little something to lighten your day. Happy Friday! Enjoy!

(If you can't quite see, you can click to view larger. I'm feeding a Blue Jay in the top right pic, and holding an Eastern Screech Owl in the bottom left pic.)

10 comments:

  1. It all looks pretty glamorous. Are you sure y'all are hipsters and not super fabulous international celebrity type people in disguise?
    Is it in any way symbolic or coincidental that You got a nice looking owl, the symbol of wisdom and longevity, and Nicholas is with a semi-exotic vulture? Interesting...

    This was lots of fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No, not super fabulous international celebrities (yet). Interesting observation about our owl and cara cara pictures... Those were taken at the Space Coast Birding Festival in Florida a few years back. There was a raptor presentation and we chose those birds to pose with. Nick just loves the Crested Cara Cara, and I can't resist an owl. I AM older (by 2 weeks) and wiser than Nick, though ;-)

      Delete
    2. Very cool. I've been unsuccessful in pursuing the Cara Cara so far. I guess they all went were the action is over there in Florida.

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure if you've seen one of our older posts from our trip to Ft. De Soto, but we saw about half a dozen caracaras on the road along our 3+ hour drive from West Palm Beach. You can check out the post here for some cool shots of this rad bird: http://hipsterbirders.blogspot.com/2011/05/on-road-to-ft-desoto.html.

      Delete
  2. My first laugh of the day was reading this post. Your meme is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on this meme! Would you mind if I added your image to my blog post? http://www.magnificentfrigatebird.com/blog/meme-monday-what-i-really-do/ I had the idea to archive birder-related editions of popular memes and happened to start with this very theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! That's so funny! I had no idea that you made that post. What a coincidence. You are definitely welcome to add my image to your post. =)

      Delete