Sunday, June 12, 2016

Maureen in the latest ABA Birder's Guide Magazine

I am excited to share with you all that I contributed an essay in the American Birding Association's latest issue of Birder's Guide to Conservation & Community! I was approached late last year about contributing to this issue, and I was ecstatic to do so, especially about this topic. I, along with other great women and strong birders, was asked to write about being a female birder in this male-dominated field. I reflected on how male birders should approach and treat female birders, as well as women's role in leadership in the birding community. 



I am proud and honored to be a part of this latest ABA magazine. I love reading the other essays, too. Together, I think we are able to paint a good portrait of what it's like to be a female birder and how to grow and learn from each other. It's also an important issue for men to recognize to understand their role in incorporating women with open arms into the community.


No comments:

Post a Comment